Tracee Ellis Ross joins us at the African American Film Critics Association Roundtable to discuss Hair Tales. Watch as I talk with Tracee about the challenges black women face and discuss how men can help take the crown of the black woman.
“The Hair Tales” is a dynamic celebration of Black women’s identity, beauty, culture and humanity, uniquely expressed in the stories within our hair. “The Hair Tales” is a documentary featuring six different phenomenal women – Issa Rae, Ayanna Pressley MP, CHIKA, Marsai Martin, Chloe Baileyand Oprah Winfrey – they lay their intimate hair story on the table Tracee Ellis Ross. Surrounded by the brilliant voices of academic and cultural leaders, talented hairdressers and extraordinary nurses, the series presents a collage of resilience, style and purpose.
From executive producers Oprah Winfrey, Tracee Ellis Ross and Michaela Angela Davis, “The Hair Tales” will debut on Hulu and OWN with the first two episodes, with two episodes appearing weekly on Hulu and one to be released weekly. own. A total of six episodes will debut October 22, 2022 on Hulu and @ 9:00 PM ET/PT on OWN.
- Produced by: Culture House, Joy Mill Entertainment, Tetravision and Harpo Films
- executive producers: Oprah Winfrey, Tracee Ellis Ross, Michaela Angela Davis, Tara Duncan, Raeshem Nijhon, Carri Twigg and Kisha Imani Cameron
- Concept By: Michaela Angela Davis
- Developed by: Michaela Angela Davis and Tracee Ellis Ross
- Guests: Guests include the inimitable Oprah Winfrey, Emmy® nominee Issa Rae, GRAMMY® nominees Chlöe Bailey and Chika, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley and “Black” star Marsai Martin.